Reasons to be cheerful (part one)
Yesterday was very frustrating. DHL tried to deliver the sample but it had been sent to my home address not my work address (as I'd actually requested) so I had difficult mobile phone chats and sent erroneous emails to undeliverable addresses trying to change the delivery address, and sending messages via websites and goodness know what.... Wrote a long note to put on the door saying 'Please try two sets of neighbours or come to my place of work in town. Practically begging, I was. (I couldn't stand the thought that the parcel had got all the way to my front door but that I might not get it till after the weekend!)
Bless 'em, the courier comoany, they came up with my goods and I picked them up from reception this afternoon! Worked my way through about 6 layers of packaging and inside a plastic bag, a card board box, a layer of padded foam, a cardboard tube, another plastic bag, and loosely wrapped with two of those flimsy cloth gloves that you handle artwork with... were two Twelvemo figures. Two! Two is great because I can try out a finish on one of them and that makes the research and development slightly less scary. They had sent a photo and the neck looked too long so I think they adjusted and re-cast. Two is also good because I really do get the impression that this is going to be a consistent product.
I can't tell you how pleased I am with them! The pieces are nice and clean, with a fine matt surface. The joints feel nice and tight (some of them almost squeak) which is really good for holding her poses, but they don't feel like they are straining and it was well worth the re-working that I did on one or two leg joints.
Hope you like the photos... Please share them if you do! I'll add some more info and images tomorrow, but for now I'm too knackered and need to sleep.
But, before I forget...
Reasons to be cheerful (part two)
This week I have also done the following:
- talked to a man about going to Japan later this year
- bought a plane ticket for a long weekend in Southern Ireland where I will have art work in a new gallery that is opening in Rosslare: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Sweet-Shop-Gallery/315135451893575
- been sent some cool soundtracks to go with a short animation I have made: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Twelvemo/254363451283318 (soundtracks by http://www.lamsound.com/)
- been given an almost completely intact shed skin of a five foot boa constrictor called Buddy
- nurtured my lawn which I have been sitting on in the sun, Friday evening, with a gin and tonic